This is a fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of the business process to achieve a grammatical improvement of cost, quality and Performance.
This concept involves improving the exiting process grammatically to generate a radical result(such a new developments).
Development of BPR
- Identifies the process to reengineer
- Developed a process vision and objective
- Link parallel activities
- Identifies exiting process and improvements
- Developed a proto type to ensure successful performance.
Advantages of BPR
- This will enable the organization to enjoy the competitive advantage
- Improve the level of performance.
- Improve the creativity and innovation procedures.
- Improve customer satisfaction level
- Adopting the emergent strategy decision making.
Limitations of BPR
- Negatively influence customer reaction and customer service.
- May not suited for all industry for a radical redesign
- May negatively influence core competence of the business
- May ignore the staffs reactions and emotions
- May high costly.
- May lead to lack of focusing the customer needs