Last Sunday observer the South Asia Scholarship Program (SASP) advertised the Scholarship program as followings,
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS)
These scholarships are available for Srilanka Government employees for Master Level study in bilaterally agreed priority sectors. The scholarships aim to strengthen human resource capacity. The ADS is available for masters by coursework or by coursework with research component, for up to 2 years duration.
ADS offered at Master Level in,
For More Information www.southasiascholarship.org
Australian Leadership Awards Scholarships (ALAS)
These scholarships are open scheme for government as well private sector candidates. The ALAS is available for the Master and PhD Studies.
ALAS offered Master and Doctorate levels in,
- Economic Growth
- Food security
- Human Rights
- Regional stability
- Rural Development
- Water and Sanitation
The Australian Agency for International Development ( AusAID) is pleased to invite application for the 2012 intake.
Eligibility Requirements for ADS and ALAS
- Be a citizen of Srilanka and be resident in Srilanka or somewhere other than Australia
- Have a Minimum academic
- IELTS Overall score of 6.5 or Above or
- TOEFL Paper Based Test Score of at least 580 or
- TOEFL Computer Based Test Score of at least 237 or
- TOEFL Internet Based Test Score of at least 92 9.
- Have completed a tertiary level qualification at least equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree
- Not already be following a course of study at a university abroad
- Not have held a scholarship for study outside Srilanka in the 24 month preceding application
- Not be permanent resident or have applied for permanent residency in Australia
- Not be married or engaged to married to be a person who hold or who is eligible to hold Australian or New Zealand Citizenship or permanent status.
In addition, Applicants for an ADS scholarship must,
Be less than 45 years of age on 1 January of the year of application
- Have a first degree preferably with a pass with class from a Srilanka or recognized foreign university and local post graduate qualification
- Be confirmed in their join and have at least 2 years work experiences in the Srilanka government sector in a field relent to the proposed course of study.
- Not have previously received any Srilankan or overseas government funded scholarship for long term academic studies in a foreign country.
The successful candidate will commence studies at an Australian institution from January 2012.
How to Apply
Applications are open from 11th March 2011 and closed at 6.30 Pm on 31st May 2011.
For more details http://oasis.ausaid.gov.au
Hard copy applications are available on
South Asia Scholarship Program (SASP)
SASP Liaison Office,
Email : email@example.com
Tel : (+94) 11 2842639, (+94) 11 5018938
Mobile : (+94) 77 3638958
Coffey International Development
43/28 Nugagaha Place,
Source: Sunday observer