In my recent visit to India, I had a chance to see the big foolish lottery in the Colombo International Airport.
The lottery was call as Colombo Airport Supper Draw, which is US$ 50 lottery and the person who wins will owns BMW 523i.
I felt there are some foolish businessmen are buying this lottery and waiting for win the BMW car.
The better investment or expenditure for that US$ 50
The US$ 50 will be more or less to Rs.5500. which is enough for them do,
- Provide 55 lunches to the elders home or the Hospitals,
- Provides 550 glass milks to the school children child homes,
- Provide a small birthday party to their friends,
- Buy some good shares form Colombo Stock Exchange
- Deposit to their bank and enjoy 8% interest on it,
- Or as they want to be.
Other than those if they just buy a lottery ticket, they will end up to a great foolish list prepared by the lottery board.
This is just my observation