The Srilanka’s one and only International Airport of Bandaranayke International Airport will going under major development to fulfill the needs of tourism industry.
The Airport and Aviation Service Ltd (AASL) has secured credit of USD 350 Million to develop the second phase development of Colombo International Airport.
According to the sources the Colombo Airport will going under major developments of
- Accommodate 8 Million to 12 Million Passengers with second phase development
- 4 New Aero bridges to be build in addition to the current 8 Aero Bridges.
- Improvement of Cargo handling Services
- New parking facility area for taxies and Aircrafts
- Infrastructure developments of Airports
- Domestic Airline terminals with Rs. 250 Million
- Sea plane (Srilankan Air taxi) facility Expansion in seeduwa dadugam oya
All the developments are in order to improve the Economy with tourism industry and other value added services to support passenger handling and cargo handling.