The above examination is scheduled to commence on 22nd March 2013.
1. Applications are invited up to 22nd February 2013 from Medical Officers possessing the following requirements to sit the above examination.
- A Medical Degree registered with the Sri Lanka Medical Council;
- Satisfactory completion of Internship acceptable to the Sri Lanka Medical Council;
- Satisfactory completion of one year of Post Internship in Medical Practice in a University / Public Sector Institution / Private Sector (see item 6) in Sri Lanka acceptable to the PGIM as at the date of closure of applications 22nd February 2013.
2. In respect of (2) and (3) above, those who have availed maternity or sick leave during this one year period could be considered eligible provided they have completed 80% of the Post Intern year.
3. The selection Examination shall consist of MCQ paper with 40 questions (multiple true / false type) of (02) two hours duration. The content areas from which the questions are based on is described in the prospectus 2012 and relevant documents available at the PGIM.
4. The candidates who pass the selection examination by obtaining the pass mark of 50% or more only shall be considered for enrolment to the course.
5. Maximum of 16 candidates from the Ministry of Health, maximum of 02 candidates from Non-State Sector, maximum of 01 candidate from State Universities and maximum of 01 candidate from Armed Forces (including Police) who pass the selection examination and who are above the cut-off line in the merit list will be enrolled in the training programme in the order of merit.
6.The prescribed fees for the examination for candidates in the state sector are as follows:
- Registration Fee – Rs. 4,500.00 (non-refundable)
- Examination Fee – Rs. 10,500.00 (Candidates from non-state sector will be charged 50% more of the above listed fees).
7. Further details and the prescribed application forms can be obtained from the Office of the AR/Examinations on payment of Rs. 1000/ or can be downloaded from our Website www.cmb.ac.lk/pgim. Requests for application forms by post should accompany a SASF. 9”x4’’ in size and a money order for Rs. 1000/ – drawn in favour of the Postgraduate Institute of Medicine, University of Colombo and payable at the Cinnamon Gardens Post Office, Colombo 7. The envelope should be marked “Application for the Selection Examination for Postgraduate Diploma in Elderly Medicine” at the top left-hand corner. Closing date of the application will be on 22nd February 2013.
see below image for more information