The Sri Lanka Export Development Board in collaboration with the Sri Lanka Embassy in Belgium proposes to organize a Sri Lanka Business Week in Belgium from 22nd to 26th April 2013 in Belgium.
It is proposed that the following events be carried out to coincide with Sri Lanka’s participation at the European Seafood Exposition (ESE) to be held from 23rd to 26th April 2013.
- Business Delegation to Belgium for a B2B event
- Press conference on Sri Lanka’s trade & its potential
- Demonstrating Sri Lankan style seafood preparation at the Sri Lanka Pavilion ESE
The programme of the Business Delegation to Belgium for the B2B event is as follows:
- B2B meeting programme with members of reputed Chambers of Commerce in Belgium
- Interactive Meetings with key members of the Walloon Investment &Trade
- Meetings with members of UNIZO (SMEs Organization)
- Visits to factories and trade locations
- Visit to Zeebrugge Port
Applications are invited from exporters of following products to join the Sri Lanka Business Delegation to Belgium:
- Value added Tea & other beverages
- Apparel & Footwear
- Canned, Processed, Frozen & Chilled food
- Cut flowers & Foliage
- Bakery & Confectionary products
- Rubber Products
- Food Ingredients
- Gems & Jewellery
- Coconut & Coir Products
- ICT/ BPO
Depending on the interest, other potential product sectors will be considered.
The EDB may consider providing assistance towards the organizational cost of the B2B event in Belgium. Expenses such as airfare, hotel accommodation will have to be borne by the participants.
Applications should be made in the prescribed form available at the Market Development Division 8”1 floor or could be downloaded from: www.srilankabusiness.com. Duly completed application form should reach the Director/ Market Development Division on or before 30th January 2013.
See below image for more information