The Department of Examination announce, the G.C.E (A/L) Examination 2012 Recorrection (Re- Scrutiny) for School and Private Candidates.
The results of the above examination have already been dispatched to the principals and to private candidates.
Applications for re-scrutiny of results of the above examination, prepared by candidates on a form 30 cm x 20 cm according to the specimen attached should be sent by registered post to reach the Commissioner General of Examinations, Evaluation (School Exams) Branch, National Evaluation and Testing Service, Department of Examinations, P.O. Box 1503, Colombo on or before 22.02.2013 Please indicate “Re-scrutiny G.C.E. (Advanced Level) Examination – 2012” on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
In Re-Scrutiny the answer script is examined by a number of re-scrutiny boards. If there are any unmarked or partially marked answers they will be evaluated and if any errors in calculation exist they will be rectified. It is hereby emphasized that an upward or downward revision of Z – score or grade is possible as a result of re-scrutiny.
N.B As the Department of Examinations will face difficulties due to incorrect information provided by the candidates in their applications, it is compulsory that one should certify the applications only if one is personally satisfied with the information provided by the candidates according to the results schedule.
Please adhere to the following instructions in preparing the application form:
- School candidates should hand over their applications to the principals of their respective schools. The Principals should prepare a schedule and send it along with all the applications to the above address by registered post. Private candidates should send their applications directly to the above address by registered post.
- All application forms should be prepared strictly in accordance with the specimen of application form.
- The fee for Re-scrutiny per subject is Rs. 250/ – . This amount should be paid to a post office / sub post office and the receipt obtained should be pasted firmly on the reverse of the application. Please note down the number of the said receipt and keep it along with the registration receipt of the application. (It is advisable to keep a photo-copy of the receipt for payment.)
- Stamps, cheques, money orders or postal orders will not be accepted and the mode of payment other than the one described above in paragraph No.3 will be rejected.
- A separate application should be sent in respect of each subject applied for.
- The index number, Name of the Examination Centre, Subject and Subject Number, Grade obtained and the Medium should be correctly entered as indicated in the results schedule. It is the responsibility of the applicant to read the instructions and then fill the application accurately. Specially paragraph 5 section I and II should be matched exactly. Incomplete or misfiled applications will be rejected.
- Applications with incorrect information, those sent after the closing date and applications without the prescribed fee will be rejected without any prior announcement. Fees paid in respect of rejected applications will not be refunded.
- Private candidates are requested to complete 01 to 07 of the specimen only and send with a photocopy of the National Identity Card.
- Candidates who have scored less than 30 marks for subject No. 12 – Common General Test and as a result have become ineligible for university entrance, can also forward re-scrutiny applications.
- This advertisement and the specimen application form appear in the department website also (www.exarns.gov.lk)
See below image for the G.C.E (A/L) 2012 examination Recorrection or Re-scrutiny of result.