Sri Lanka Army Invites applications from qualified candidates for defense degree courses conducted by the Srilanka Military Academy, Diyatalawa affiliated to the General Sir John Kotalawala Defence University.
- Be unmarried Male Citizens of Sri Lanka.
- Age should not be less than 18 years as at 01 March 2013 and not more than 22 years as at 15 July 2013
- Height should not be less than 5’ 6″ (Those who have excelled in National / International level sport festivals will be considered for enlistment even if they have not fulfilled the requirement of height)
- Weight of 50 Kgs
- Chest32″ (Unexpanded)
- Vision Right Eye 6/6 & Left Eye 6/9 (Without Spectacle)
- Should have passed three subjects at the G.C.E (A/L) examination in one sitting along with the Common General Test.
- Should have passed the G.C.E (O/L) examination with a credit pass for English and an ordinary passes for Mathematics in not more than two sitting
Srilanka Army Salary and Allowances
Monthly gross pay of Officers in the respective ranks including allowances
|Officer Cadet:||Rs. 25,835.25|
|Second Lieutenant:||Rs. 57,922.75|
Commissioned officers will be entitled to fringe benefits covering Transport, Uniforms, Medical, Food and Accommodation.
Commissioned officers will also have opportunities of serving in UN peace keeping missions abroad and following overseas advanced courses in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China, USA ,UK etc.
On Successful completion of military training and academic subjects, cadets will be commissioned in the rank of Second Lieutenant together with a Defence Degree awarded by the General Sir John Kotalawala Defence University. Commissioned officers will also be eligible to have promotions up to the rank of Major General in their military career.
Application closing date is 1st April 2013
For more information see below image