The CMA Sri Lanka was sets up with the technical support of CMA (Canada), and Financial Sponsorship of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). And it is an Ministry of Trade approved institution in 1999 to set up the Society of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka.
The CMA Sri Lanka with an industrial advisory committee with the flagship businesses in Sri Lanka to ensure the quality of Professionalism of CMA Srilanka. Such as
A candidate who has one of the following qualifications could register as a Student.
- For English Medium
a) Two passes at the G. C. E. Advance Level examination together with a Credit Pass in English Language and a simple pass in Mathematics at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
For Sinhala / Tamil Medium
(b) Two passes at the G. C. E. Advance Level examination together with a Simple Pass in English Language and Mathematics at the G.C.E. O/L Examination
(Up to now Not applicable to students following course online)
- A relevant Degree of a University of Sri Lanka or any other University approved by the council of the Institute.
- Membership of the Sri Lanka Government Accountants Service.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries & Administrators, U.K.
- Final Examinations of the Institute of Financial Accountants, U. K.
- Final Examination of the Association of the International Accountants, U. K.
- Final Examination of the Institute of Bankers of Sri Lanka, London.
- Final Examination of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
- Foundation Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Part qualification of professional, university, vocational and other qualifications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- AAT Stage 2.
- Final examination of the International Association of Bookkeepers (IAB).
- A candidate who has passed any of the examinations indicated in the “Exemption Policy” is eligible to register as a Student.
- Candidates who do not have credit passes in English and Mathematics at the G. C. E. O/L but have secured subject passes in Business Communication and Business Mathematics in another Professional or University examination will be able to register as a student provided other entry requirements are met.
Medium of Instruction – English/Sinhala/Tamil
The medium of instruction and examination for Professional I & II will be only in the English Medium.
And Technician Stage & Intermediate Stage could follow in any languages of English/Sinhala /Tamil
Mode of Study
Students are recommended to follow lectures at Institutes Accredited by CMA to sit for examinations conducted by CMA. They could also do self study.
CMA makes available study material for each of the subjects and these are available for sale at the Secretariat.
Registration is the first step to become a student of the Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka. Only registered student may sit an examination of the Institute. Registration is open throughout the year. However those who wish to sit the May examination should register on or before 31th January of the previous year, and for November examination, by 31st July in that year.
However, students who wish to follow the course online will have to register with CMA at the time of joining the online program.
For the year 2013 (with effect from 10.11.2012)
The Society’s course of study consists of the following four stages:
- Technician Stage
- Intermediate Stage
- Professional I Stage
- Professional I I Stage
Course Title/Subject Title
Hours of Exam.
|Financial Accounting Fundamentals|
|Management Accounting Fundamentals|
|Economics & International Business|
|Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Advanced Management Accounting|
|Managing People & Organization Management|
|Business & Corporate Law|
Professional I Stage
|Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Strategic Business Management|
|Operations Management & Marketing|
|Information Technology Management|
Professional II Stage
|Strategic Financial Management|
|Strategic Management Accounting|
|Internal Control & Risk Management|
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September. Results will be released within 6-8 weeks of the date of conduct of examinations. Detailed results will be notified to all candidates by post.
for more information visit CMA Sri Lanka by Click Here