Dialog Axiata PLC announced the launch of its own (Dialog) Branded Smartphone.
The Dialog i-Series Android 2.3 Smart phones are supported by a One Year Dialog Warranty. At launch, the Dialog branded Smartphone series features Two (02) models – the Dialog i35 (with a 3.5″ TFT Screen) at Rs. 9,900/- and the Dialog i43 (with a 4.3″ TFT Screen) at Rs. 16,990/-.
In Dialog i35 and Dialog i43 Smart Phones, which both run upon android 2.3 Gingerbread, Has only 2 significant differences.
- They both have 512 MB of LPDDR1 SD-RAM, which is modest regarding Smartphone standard,
- Both support MP3, WAV Ringtones. And as far as connectivity is concerned they also posses the common Smartphone features like GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wi-Fi Bluetooth, USB
Display of Dialog i35 and Dialog i43
One of key Significant about these two phones are the size and quality of Displays, i35 contains 3.5” display with 256k Colors while i43 processes 4.3” IPS WVGA -16 M Colors, which is quite impressive
Camera Dialog i35 and Dialog i43
The other key difference between these two is the camera quality, they both support front camera, which makes it more valuable, compared to its price set. Dialog i35 has2MP & 0.3 MP (Front) cameras, which is average while i43 contains impressive 5MP & 0.3 MP (Front) cameras set.
Memory Capacity of Dialog i35 and Dialog i43
Another key advantage that both these phones have is the memory, both of the phones has 4GB Internal memory, which is very unique coming from a phone at this market price, and also the both of them has external memory of Micro SD up to 32 GB Support which increases its value.
Warranty Dialog i35 and Dialog i43
Both the phones has dialog 1 year warranty, and most importantly, both this phone comes to the market with installment pay scheme of 12 and 24 months giving away with free additional data plans for 3 months is very impressive and it will play a key role in distributing this phone series in Sri Lanka.
Pitfalls of Dialog i35 and Dialog i43
- To its disadvantages, phone only offers one year warranty and coming from a new brand, that’s going to affect sales.
- And also the battery life not sufficient to support for a Smartphone which has that kind of features all day,
- Android version 2.3 which the phone was built is out of date, being the current version Is 4.1 jelly bean It may very well be not supported to the newest applications which are out there in the market.
- And as far as the pricing is concerned, at a price of a i43 customer can buy a Samsung Galaxy y or few other renounce smart phones in the local market, which have more advanced features like satellite GPS and newer android version etc. So it would be taken aback by the pricing itself.