University of Colombo invites applications for the Certificate in Business English for January 2014 batch.
The course is designed for those who are interested m improving their competence in English language in order to be more successful in a business environment.
Modules taught include:
- Effective communication for business
- Business letter, report & project proposal writing
- Telephone etiquette
- Making presentations using Multimedia
- Negotiation skills
- Conducting & participating in meetings
- Skills in conducting & facing interviews
Free use of a well equipped Self Access Centre with web based language resources Course Duration – Four months (60 hours)
Batch 1 – Saturday 8.00 Am to 12.15 Pm
Batch 2 – Saturday 1.00 Pm to 5.15 Pm
Batch 3 – Sunday 8.00 Am to 12.15 Pm
Classes will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Course Fee (to be paid after the selection test)
Preliminary / Intermediate Levels Rs. 20.000/-
(Includes a specially designed series of in house course modules)
Advanced Level Rs. 25,000/-
(Includes the internationally accepted course book “English for Business Studies” by Ian MacKenzie and specially designed supplementary course material)
Application Fee – Rs.S00/=
Application Procedure –
- Pay Rs.500/= to account No. 086-100 121189676 at any Peoples’ Bank branch
- Submit the copy of the bank receipt (for Rs.500/ ) to the English language Teaching Unit, (2nd Root, New Arts Building, Reid Avenue) University of Colombo with the name of applicant written clearly on the reverse of the receipt
- Application forms will be issued between 9.00 a.m. and 3.00 p.m. from October 14,2013 (Except Public Holidays). On Sundays, application forms wiII be issue till 12.30 pm only.
Closing date for the issue of application forms is Thursday, November 28, 2013.
Classes will be held at three levels Preliminary, intermediate and Advanced according to me proficiency level of me students. Applicants should be 18 years or above
A selection test will be held on Saturday, November 30th 2013 at 09.30 a.m. in the Examination hall, Ground floor, Faculty of law.
For further details: Tel No 2506705 or see below image