As per the provisions of the Private Medical Institutions (Registration) Act No. 21 of 2006, it is mandatory to register all the Private Medical Institutions in Sri Lanka with the Private Health Services Regulatory Council of the Ministry of Health.
Categories of Private Medical Institutions in Srilanka
- Private Hospitals, Nursing Homes & Maternity Homes
- Medical Laboratories
- Medical Centres/ Screening Centres/ Day Care Medical Centres/ Channel Consultants
- Full time General Practices/Dispensaries/Medical Clinics
- Part time General Practices/ Dispensaries/ Medical Clinics
- Full time Dental Surgeries
- Part time Dental Surgeries
- Fulltime Medical Specialist Practices
- Part time Medical Specialist Practices
- Private Ambulance Services
- Other Private Medical Institutions including Blood Banks, Stem Cell Banks, Dental Laboratories, Home Care Nursing Services and Medical Man power training institutions
Registration Forms for Year 2014 could be obtained from
- All Provincial Directors of Health Services
- Secretary, Private Health Services Regulatory Council at No. 2A,cbm House, 4th Floor, Lake Dive, Colombo 08.
- Director/Private Health Sector Development – Ministry of Health, 2nd Floor, Bristol Building, York Street, Colombo 01
Downloaded Online applications form from www.phsrc.lk
When you seek services and care from any “Private Medical Institutions” in Sri Lanka, you are hereby requested to look for either “Registration Certificate “or “Recognition Board” issued by the Private Health Services Regulatory Council.
Such registration and recognition indicate that the institution conforms to the standards stipulated by the Private Health Services Regulatory Council and are expected to provide safe, efficient and quality health care services to you, your family members and friends.
For more detail contact to the Sectetary of Private Health Service Regulatory Council at 011-2672911, 011-2672912, 011-3083360 and 011-3133068
Or see below image