National Police Commission independent commission have a power to hear your complaints and suggest the recommendation for the party to take actions about the below issues against Police force of Sri Lanka.
This commission will hear the matter from the police officers who affect by follow Police and the public who affected by Police on below maters.
For Police Officers
- Issues, complaints and appeals related to the recruitment, appointment, promotion, transfer and control of the discipline of Police Officers and OICs
- Investigate complaints and appeals made by a Police Officer against another Police Officer
- Formulation and amendment of recruitment, promotion and transfer policies and procedures of all ranks of Police Officers
- Granting relief to the appeals for annual transfers of non gazetted officers
Any Police Officer belonging to any rank can directly make appeals on establishment matters and seek relief from the National Police Commission
- Not recording a complaint and/or not conducting proper investigations by police
- Inhumane, cruel or degrading treatment including torture and assault, causing injury or death whilst in custody
- Fabrication of cases in courts or submission of false reports/statements
- Partial and unwarranted interferences, threats or intimidation
- Bribery and other corrupt acts
- Misuse of power and the use of abusive language
- Negligence or deliberate delays of duties
- Illegal arrest and detention
- Sexual and gender based violence against women and children Drug related offences
Refer your complaints to head office or to any provincial offices.
Telephone : 0112166500
Website : www.npc.gov.lk
National Police Commission,
Provincial Office contact number
For more details see below image