Megapolis and western development ministry announces a their proposed Colombo LRT plans. The proposals to establish seven LRT lines in order to ease traffic congestion in Colombo and the suburbs such as below,
- Kollupitiya to Maradana via Bambalapitiya, Boralla and Union Place (14.8km)
- Colombo Fort to Peliyagoda via Maradana and Mat-takkuliya (11.5km)
- Dematagoda to Bambalapitiya via Borella, Kirulapana and from Havelock town (10km),
- Malambe to Colombo Fort via Battaramulla and Borella (15.3km)
- Malambe to Kottawa ( 9.6km)
- Malambe to Kaduwela (6km)
- Peliyagoda to Kadawatha (13km).
The construction work of the project will commence in December next year while it is planned to be completed by 2030.
Once the project is implemented, the traffic of colombo city is expected to reduce.
Leave a Reply