National agency for public-private partnership, ministry of finance and mass media in conjuction with ministry of transport and civil aviation, request for expressions of interest (EOI) for Establishment of Scheduled Airline Operations for Domestic (Passenger) Air Services based in Sri Lanka .
Expressions of interest (EOI) are called from local and international business enterprises having required credentials and able to satisfy criteria mentioned below for setting up of scheduled airline operations for domestic (passenger) air services based in Sri Lanka, using the country’s domestic airport network. This initiative is intended to facilitate inland transport of local and foreign tourists to main tourism destinations in Sri Lanka.
The prospective investor shall be in a position to demonstrate the following:
- Be a reputed and experienced international, local or joint venture business enterprise, with the latter having Sri Lankan shareholding.
- Have adequate financial resources to fulfill actual and potential obligations arising from the proposed operation as per an Operating Plan to be submitted as part of this EOI, particularly during the initial years of the business when demand has to be generated to justify a scheduled service.
- Be in a position to mobilize at least two modern turboprop aircraft, having not less than 12 passenger seats and satisfy all the published civil aviation requirements for operation of commercial air services. The aircraft shall hold Type Certificates issued by FAA or EASA.
- Hold or be in a position to obtain an Air Operator Certificate issued by Director General of Civil Aviation, Sri Lanka, having satisfied the applicable requirements relating to Organization, Equipment, Personnel, Facilities, Services and Written Procedures published by the Director General of Civil Aviation in SLCAP-4100- “Air Operator Certification Manual”.(Refer Appendix L of SLCAP 4100 “Air Operator Certification Manual” published by the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka for details or http://www.caa.lk/images/st0ries/pdf/0ps/slcap_4100_air_ 0perat0r_certificati0n_manual_3rd_editi0n.pdf).
- Ability to hold a comprehensive insurance cover in respect of crew, passenger, baggage and cargo in conformity with the provisions in the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air in keeping with the Montreal Convention of 1999.
- Operate daily scheduled passenger flights using Bandaranaike International Airport and Ratmalana Airport as bases to selected local airports and/or a ‘hop-on-hop-off’ service involving multiple airports.
- Have demonstrated experience in domestic aviation in Sri Lanka or any other country or ability to procure such experience.
Prospective investors must submit the following information in order to register a qualifying Expression of Interest:
- Company/consortium information including profile, date and country of incorporation, company address, relevant financial information to establish financial stability, list/details of key individuals – i.e. board members etc.
- Experience and technical capacity relevant to this EOI.
- An outline operating plan and terms and conditions required for successful operations. Preferred scheduled service routes and domestic airports and justification for selection.
- Outline of benefits to tourism and domestic aviation sector from proposed operations.
- Any other relevant information.
The detailed EOI document can be downloaded from www.treasury.gov.lk/web/guest/special-artides.
Expressions of Interests in this respect may be submitted to the Chairman, National Agency for Public Private Partnership on or before 1400 hours on 16th February 2018 under sealed envelope with a heading on top left hand corner “Expressions of Interests for setting up of a domestic scheduled air service”.
Shortlisted parties may then be requested to respond to a detailed Request for Proposals (RFP) currently under preparation.
Further information can be obtained by writing to the National Agency for Public-Private Partnership at the below address or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Chairman, National Agency for Public-Private Partnership Ministry of Finance & Mass Media The Secretariat, Colombo 1 +94112484500
Or see below image for more details