It has been decided by the Coconut Development Authority that obtaining prior approval for newly opening is mandatory, in terms of the Coconut Development Act No. 46 of 1971 and amendments thereof and as per the Gazette Notification No. 15009/09.
If you are interested in opening a coconut related industry, you may submit a request along with your project proposal including the following information to obtain the prior approval for your industry.
- District and divisional secretariat where the industry will be initiated
- Detail of new materials to be use
- Local/foreign market for the proposed products
- Technological system that would be adopted
- Job opportunities expected to be generated
- Other information of the project
Since the committee appointed for grant of approval for new industries met in January, May and September every year, your request should be sent prior to it by registered post to the address below or handed over by visiting the processing Development Section, Coconut Development Authority, No. 11, Duke Street, Colombo 01.
For more details contact to Coconut Development Authority,
No. 54, Nawala Road,
Narahenpita, Colombo 05.
Telephone : 011 2502503/4