- Should be an unmarried citizen of Sri Lanka
- Age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 26 years as at 20th March 2017.
- Height should not be less than 5‘ 6″ (Those who have excelled in school/ National/International and all island level sports will be considered for enlistment even if they do not fulfill the requirement of height)
- Chest minimum 32”
Educational & Other Qualifications
- Should have passed two subjects at the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination in one sitting and passed the G.C.E (O/L) Examination in two sittings with four Credit Passes including English and Ordinary Passes for Mathematics and Sinhala/Tamil.
- Should be an employee of the executive grade in the public/ private sector or possess an annual income of Rs.500,000.00.
- Any other higher educational qualifications or achievements in sports will be considered as added qualifications.
Pay, Allowances & Other Benefits
Monthly gross pay of Officers in the respective ranks including allowances is as follows:
|Officer Cadet||Rs. 37,817.00|
|Second Lieutenant (Married Officers)||Rs. 70,797.70|
|Lieutenant (Married Officers)||Rs. 75,969.70|
|Captain (Married Officers)||Rs. 80,613.70|
|Major (Married Officers)||Rs. 85,657.70|
Commissioned Officers will be entitled to fringe benefits covering transport, uniforms, medical, food and accommodation. They will also receive opportunities of serving in overseas UN Peace Keeping Missions and to follow advanced courses.
On successful completion of basic training at the Sri Lanka Military Academy, they will be commissioned in the rank of Second Lieutenant and posted to respective Battalions.
- Those who are employed in government departments or private sector should forward their applications along with the recommendation of the head of the institution.
- Unemployed applicants should provide details of the annual income of Rs. 500,000.00 attested by Justice of Peace.
- Applications should be submitted as per the specimen application with copies of relevant documents by registered post to the address below to reach on or before 20m March 2017. The envelope enclosing the application should be marked as “Officer Cadet in the Volunteer Force of the Sri Lanka Army” on the top left corner.
- Birth Certificate
- Recommendation from the Head of the Department
- National Identity Card
- Two Recently Obtained Character Certificates
- Grama Niladhari Certificate
- Certificates of Educational and Professional Qualifications
- Other relevant Certificates
- Certificates of Sports and Extra Curricular Activities
For more details see below image